CATALYST is about providing the spark needed to bring great ideas, compelling speakers, innovative and often provocative thinking and creativity to the Wakatipu basin and beyond. It’s about making Queenstown a place to come for mental as well as adrenal challenge. It’s about upping the ante on stuff that matters.
CATALYST will work on a number of levels:
- Instigating events around visiting speakers — respected New Zealand and international leaders in their fields — and providing ongoing discussions/forums;
- Providing an information portal, an early warning system to communicate similar events happening in the region;
- Developing a Festival of Ideas
- Creating a CATALYST community encouraging the exchange of information;
- Facilitating and/or supporting science/education/arts conferences and events;
- Supporting youth and outstanding individuals with intellectual and cultural pursuits;
- Working alongside New Zealand Universities and national and international institutes to provide outreach of research and innovation, and satellite bases in Queenstown;
- Long term, encouraging the establishment of an Aspen Institute-like entity in Queenstown;
- And helping Queenstown move towards becoming South Pacific’s “Davos Downunder” – a place for global thought leadership, think tanks and forums.
Queenstown is renowned for innovation, entrepreneurship and creative pursuits. It is home to a community rich in leaders of business, academia and the arts. Many of our visitors embody and aspire to these same ideals.
Catalyst will target this essence — the energy, creativity and challenge to move forward — by offering its audience opportunities to learn about, interact and explore options around the issues that affect the future of us all.